Student Enrollment - General Guidelines:
The Welcome Center is located at the Lawrence Education & Community Center, 6501 Sunnyside Road, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Welcome Center Hours - 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
Questions? Call (317) 423-8209 or click to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Enrollment Documents ALL GRADE LEVELS
What to bring with you to enroll your child:
Elementary Magnet Schools (Grades K - 6)
The application process for current MSD of Lawrence Township students and those residing within the MSD of Lawrence Township boundaries is now CLOSED for the 2015-2016 year. The CAP (Computerized Admittance Process) will open on February 6, 2016 for the 2017 school year.
The application process for the 2015-2016 for families who reside outside of MSD of Lawrence Township and would like to apply for enrollment in a MSD of Lawrence Township Elementary School for second semester 2016 will be open from Tuesday, December 8th through Sunday, December 13th.
Please be advised that space is limited. When completing your application, you will be asked if there is a specific school that you would like for your child to attend. While we may be able to find a placement for your student in one of our schools, it may not be at the school you request. We can fulfill your request for placement at a specific elementary ONLY IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE. You will receive an email notification regarding any placement that we are able to offer on or before Thursday, December 17th.
(Note: Families who reside outside of MSD of Lawrence Township and would like to apply for enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year, will be given the opportunity to do so beginning March 8, 2016. Please revisit this site in early March for additional information.)
Middle & High Schools (Grades 7 - 12)
For the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year, a parent/guardian may submit a Middle School or High School enrollment application for a student who:
- Has just moved into the MSD of Lawrence Towndhip enrollment boundaries and would like to enroll for the first time: No need to apply online - Please visit the Welcome Center to submit required enrollment forms and documents.
- Currently resides within the MSD of Lawrence Township enrollment boundaries, is not currently attending a school within the MSD of Lawrence Township and would like to enroll at a middle or high school within the MSD of Lawrence Township. No need to apply online - Please visit the Welcome Center to submit required enrollment forms and documents.
- Currently resides outside the boundaries of the MSD of Lawrence Township and would like to apply to attend a middle or high school within the MSD of Lawrence Township, beginning at the start of second semester, January 4, 2016. You may apply online for out of district attendance at an MSD of Lawrence Township school from Tuesday, December 8th through Sunday, December 13th.
FORMS - Please complete the appropriate required forms.
Please Note: If any information provided on the student enrollment form is found to be fraudulent, enrollment in school may be denied/withdrawn.
Immunization Information You may contact the following location for immunization information or to obtain any immunizations needed. Immunizations are available for children of all ages, for a fee.
Marion County Health Department
6042 East 21st Street
Click here to access the Free and Reduced Lunch Application
McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children
The goal of the McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program is to ensure that all children have an equal right to a free, appropriate public education. McKinney Vento addresses barriers related to enrollment, attendance, and the academic success of homeless children and youth.
Students/families must apply and meet certain criteria to be eligible for the McKinney Vento Program. Eligibility is determined by the district McKinney Vento Liaison, Tracy Beer. Please call 423-8338 for more information.
Elementary students will be assigned to their Neighborhood Magnet School at time of enrollment. You may apply for a different magnet school during our open application time. Once the summer CAP (computerized admittance process) is run, the application process will be closed for the school year. You can apply again for the next school year when the application opens again.
Check out our catalog to explore all of our Elementary Magnet Schools and their Areas of Focus!
Transportation will be provided for all Lawrence Township students who:
- Attend their neighborhood school (applies to all grades); or
- Attend the Elementary Magnet School of their choice so long as it is on the student resident side of the district East / West.
Note: For additional information regarding the neighborhood school for your child, please call the Welcome Center at (317)423-8209.