Two-Way Dual Language Immersion
- Classroom comprised of approximately 50% native English speakers and 50% native Spanish speakers.
- 80% Spanish and 20% English instruction in Kindergarten through 2nd grade
- 70% Spanish and 30% English instruction in 3rd grade
- 50% Spanish and 50% English instruction in 4th through 6th grade
- Spanish content focused on Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics
- Intentional time to build the target language
- Research based enrichment model of instruction
This program is offered at Forest Glen and Skiles Test Elementary Schools. Forest Glen students continue their Spanish language acquisition program at Fall Creek Valley Middle School and Lawrence North High School. Over time, the Dual Immersion Program will matriculate to Belzer Middle School and Lawrence Central High School.