COVID-19 COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
Additional Community Resources and Information
Free meals for all district students
The City of Indianapolis has launched a new tool on their website that connects those impacted by COVID-19 pandemic with community resources. Resources will be posted in real-time and organized by topic, gathering in one place programming made available by government agencies, service providers, community partners, and school districts, including support for those who need assistance with food, utilities, childcare, and at home entertainment.
Click here to access the Indy.gov online resources.
Click here to access the Indy.gov resources in Spanish.
Rose-Hulman's AskRose Homework Help has added daytime hours to help homebound students better understand math and science homework problems from their virtual or online courses during this public health crisis. Help is available Monday through Friday between noon and 3 PM (Eastern) by phone, email or chat. Traditional hours are unchanged: Sunday through Thursday 7 PM - 10 PM (Eastern). Students may call 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673) or email/chat on the AskRose website, AskRose.org. The site offers more than 500 resources through videos and downloadable reference materials.
Thanks to a nationwide waiver from USDA, the MSD of Lawrence Township will be extending free
meal benefits to all students in our school corporation. All enrolled (on-site or virtual) students can receive one breakfast and/or one lunch per school day FREE OF CHARGE, effective immediately for an extended period. Families will be notified when this waiver is set to expire and meals will return to paid status. Click here for more information on USDA free meals.
Lawrence Township Trustee - Food and Household Vouchers - Eligibility Requirements
● Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
● Website: https://lawtwp.org/trustee-2/emergency-assistance/about-the-process/
● Address: 4455 McCoy St. Ste. 100, Lawrence, IN 46226
● Phone: (317) 890-0011
● Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
● Website: https://www.laplazaindy.org/
● Address: 8902 E 38th St, Indianapolis, IN 46226 ● Phone: (317) 890-3292
The Sharing Place
● Hours: Monday 10 AM-3 PM, Tuesday 4 PM-8 PM, Thursday 10 AM-3 PM 2nd Saturday of each month 10 AM-1PM.
● Website: http://www.lutheranfamily.org/
● Address: 6501 Sunnyside Rd. Door #5, Indianapolis, IN 46236 ● Phone: (317) 760-0420
Community Cupboard of Lawrence Township
● Hours: Wednesday 10 AM-4 PM and 6 PM-8 PM, Friday 10 AM-4 PM
● Website: https://www.ecommunity.com/locations/community-cupboard-lawrence
● Address: 7101 Pendleton Pike, Indianapolis, IN 46226 ● Phone: (317) 355-7395
Coronavirus COVID-19 Mental Health Information