According to policy set by the Indiana Department of Education, a child must be five years of age by August 1, of the year they enroll, to enter kindergarten. To enroll a child in kindergarten, click here
Elementary Schools (Grades 1 - 6)
will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by the Elementary Schools Boundary Map
at time of enrollment. You may apply for a different school during our open application time from March 31 to May 20, 2018. Students will be placed using a randomized system (Computerized Admittance Process – CAP) based on available seats. Notification to families occurs early July via email.
The link to CAP will appear on March 31, 2018 when the application opens.
To enroll, please visit our general enrollment page
for detailed information.
Non-Resident Families: You must first complete the Non-Resident Application before beginning the enrollment process. The non-resident application window is only open for a limited time. If accepted, you will be notified via email to complete the enrollment process in the Welcome Center.
Non-Resident Application for Students in Elementary School
- The application process for kindergarten and elementary students, grades 1-6, who reside outside of MSD of Lawrence Township will be open May 7 – June 10, 2018.
- Official student records are required for application and can be obtained from your child’s current school (attendance, discipline, report card/transcript). These documents can be uploaded when completing the application or delivered to the Welcome Center at 6501 Sunnyside Rd. (Attn: Asst. Superintendent of Elementary Schools)
- Families of non-resident students must provide transportation to and from school.
- Your child’s approval and retention as an out of boundary resident in Lawrence Township Schools is contingent on good attendance.
- Please be aware that while we work to accommodate as many families as is possible, not all students can be placed. We will place additional students ONLY IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE at the school and in the grade level requested.
Nonresident Transfer Application - Elementary (Grades KG – 6) link will appear on May 7, 2018 when the application opens.