Your pathway, from start to finish.
Your child is unique and so are our educational pathways. Lawrence Township guides our students along on their individual paths starting early, ensuring a strong education in a progressive learning setting.
According to policy set by the Indiana Department of Education, a child must be five years of age by October 1, of the year they enroll, to enter kindergarten.
Elementary Schools (Grades 1 - 6)
CAP (Choice Application Process for Grades Preschool-6 2022-23):
Elementary students will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by the Elementary Schools Boundary Map at time of enrollment.
CAP (Choice Application Process) for Elementary Students
- Opens: Monday, April 4, 2022
- Closes: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Results: May 20, 2022 Placements emailed to families on or before May 20, 2022
- Students submitting CAP applications after the May 6, 2022 cut-off date will be placed as seats are available.
Who can utilize the CAP?
- Current MSDLT students wishing to attend a school other than the one to which they are assigned or attending.
- Students wishing to return to their neighborhood assigned school.
- Students living within LT School boundaries, currently attending a different school, who wish to attend a school other than their neighborhood assigned school.
- Students of staff requesting special placement
Middle & High Schools (Grades 7 - 12)
A parent/guardian may submit a Middle School or High School enrollment application for a student who:
- Has just moved into the MSD of Lawrence Township enrollment boundaries and would like to enroll for the first time;
- Currently resides within the MSD of Lawrence Township enrollment boundaries, is not currently attending a school within the MSD of Lawrence Township and would like to enroll at a middle or high school within the MSD of Lawrence Township.
- Is currently enrolled in Lawrence Township and would like to attend a different school than they have been assigned to.
Secondary Student Transfer Request
The transfer application process for Lawrence Township families wanting to request placement for their student(s) to attend a middle or high school other than the school they are currently attending or are assigned to attend is open. An email notification regarding placement will be sent within two weeks of request. As a reminder, requests will be placed on a waitlist for placement as seats are available.
6th grade students entering 7th grade are assigned to either Fall Creek Valley Middle School or Belzer Middle School based on their home address.
8th grade students currently attending Belzer Middle School will automatically be placed at Lawrence Central High School.
8th grade students currently attending Fall Creek Valley Middle School will automatically be placed at Lawrence North High School.
Please note: Transportation to and from school is provided is provided to those students attending the school assigned to them based on their home address. Families that select an alternative placement will be required to provide transportation to and from school.
For more information on school boundaries, click here.
Click here to complete the 2022-2023 Secondary Transfer Request Form - English
Click here to complete the 2022-2023 Secondary Transfer Request Form - Spanish
Please email Secondary Student Transfer Inquiry for any questions regarding your students current placement.
NAEYC Accreditation helps families recognize quality early learning programs and feel comfortable knowing that their children are receiving a high-quality, research-based education that will prepare them for future success.
Paths to Quality
Level 4 National Accreditation - Level 4 programs are the highest rated programs and have demonstrated a commitment to the highest level of professionalism in high quality child care