2019 Capital Referendum
Thank you for your support of the 2019 MSD of Lawrence Township capital referendum. Your support of the 16,000+ students, parents, and staff members in the district demonstrates your commitment to strong schools. Changes in state and local revenue streams to the school since 2009 have made it increasingly difficult to invest in projects that are the scope of needed renovations. The investment of $220M (equating to $0.2499 per $100 of assessed value) into district facilities will ensure that you and other residents of the school community will have public schools that increase the value of your homes and that will add to the stability of our neighborhoods.
Referendum funds supported renovations at the following locations:
- Lawrence Central High School
- Lawrence North High School
- Brook Park Elementary
- Forest Glen Elementary
- Oaklandon Elementary
- Winding Ridge Elementary
- Four Early Learning Centers
Thank you for making an investment in the future of our community!
The Blue Ribbon Facilities plan has invested an additional $174M in facilities across the district, including the construction of a new transportation facility, at no increased cost to taxpayers.
Illustrative Impact of the 2019 School Capital Referendum on Property Tax Bills (Tax Year 2023)
Assessed Value Inputs
Please visit the Marion County Assessor's website to find the Gross Assessed Value for a specific property. This will be located on the Property Record Card.
From your Annual Tax Statement from the County Treasurer, TABLE 1, Line 1a.
Illustrative Calculated Tax Bill Increase from the 2019 School Capital Referendum with a Tax Rate of $0.19473, 4
|2023 Referendum Tax Rate
|Approved Referendum Tax Rate
|Savings from Reduced Rate
|Illustrative Monthly Referendum Tax Liability:|
|Illustrative Annual Referendum Tax Liability:|
- Assessments are subject to annual changes in market conditions. The referendum liability may change in relation to changes in parcel gross assessed value.
- Homestead parcels are assumed to have homestead credits, supplemental homestead credits and mortgage deductions. Assumes no deductions or credits for non-homestead properties.
- Local property tax replacement credits are not applied to Capital Referendum tax rates, per Indiana Code 6-3.6-5-6.
- Referendum rate originally approved at $0.2499 per $100 of assessed value but due to increased property values, only a rate of $0.1947 was required for tax payable year 2023.